Owen Barfield Descendants
Owen Barfield mar. 1st Nancy ? from Brooks County
Issue: Nancy Lee who mar. James F. Hartsfield in 1874 in Macon
2nd Wife - Ida Amanda Taunton, daughter of Jackson and Amanda Page Taunton (Jackson was murdered by William Childree on the Taylor's Mill dam, have no other info on this)
Children of Owen Barfield and Ida Amanda Taunton were:
1. William James Owen b. 12 December 1871, mar. Mintie Peterman 28 March 1897, Taylor county. He died 1 July 1954, buried at Bethlehem
2. Georgia Ann b. 26 February 1874 m. Benjamin F,.Childs 23 December 1906. She died 7 August 1948 buried in Ideal City Cemetery unmarked.Obiturary
3. Beedie Maud b.1878, mar. Moody J. Barfield 20 February 1896. She died 1949 buried at Bethlehem.
4. Edna (no dates) mar. James Franklin Currington December 1870.
5. Green B.W. b. 17 May 1848, mar. Sarah Ann Lockwood 1877. He died 30 July 1896.
6. Martha Jane b. 18 December 1883. mar Early Fred Bone 26 November 1919. She died 20 March 1964, buried at Bethlehem.
7. Walter Jack b. 8 July 1885, mar. Laura Frances Whatley 15December 1907. Was murdered by Les Chamblee, 12 December 1931, buried at Bethlehem. Laura' parents were Thomas J. Whatley and mother Laura Lucius, buried at Bethlehem.
The children of Walter Jack Barfield and Laura Frances Whatley were:
1. Nettie Ward , b 30 May 1915, mar. a Hilton.
2. Walter Jack "Sam" no birth date, still living. 1st marriage unknown 2nd Ann ?
3. R.C. mar. Mary Emily Standridge. He died 22February 1991, buried at Bethlehem.
4. Archie James b. 7 October 1908, mar. Erma Taunton. He died 20 July 1870./ Buried at Bethel.
8. Quida mar. to a Shepperd.
9. Thomas J.. died a child.
10 Halley (male) lives in Thomaston.
Posted byDavine V. Campbell <email@example.com> on Mon, 13 Mar 2000
Surname:Childs, Barfield, Taunton, Guy, Murray, Edwards, Bone
Citizens & Georgian - Montezuma, Ga. August 12, 1948
Mr. Benjamin D. Childs Obituary
Posted byDavine V. Campbell <firstname.lastname@example.org> on Wed, 17 Feb 1999
Surname:Childs, Guy, Murray, Edwards, Rodgers
The Macon County Citizen - The Montezuma Georgian
(Source:Guelda Hay) as of 1999. All rights reserved.
Data/Image Usage: Most data on these pages was shared by others for purposes of private research. All notes compiled, items verified or photo images provided by me along with that data shared by others, is made available here for private research only. Posting here in no way implies permission for commercial use, in fact, commercial use or resale is expressly forbidden. All rights reserved. --Steve Scroggins