The Headen-Inman House, part of the Headen estate, was moved in 1985
to the Civic Center location at 1505 Warburton Avenue. In 1984, Irene Inman,
widow of Dr. Inman, sold the property to a private developer, but stipulated
that the house be given to the City of Santa Clara and that the developer pay
to move the house. This is the second of two museum houses in Santa Clara,
the other being the Harris-Lass House. The structure was built in 1913 and
the architectural is classified as Craftsman Bungalow. It is a fine example
of the Arts and Crafts movement and has a four-panel door with beveled glass
lights and fine interior wood work. The museum houses the City's historical
collection and features Santa Clara's artifacts.
The museum is open from 1.00 to 4.00 p.m. on Sundays.