From: firstname.lastname@example.org (B Ewy) Date: Tue, Aug 7, 2001, 11:58pm (CDT-2) To: Papatuck@webtv.net (Joe Tucker) Subject: Tucker Website
I have only had time to review the information on your website for John Tucker and Martha Bunton. I want to send you some corrections and additional information for this portion of your website.
First of all, you have Breckinridge Co., Ky spelled incorrectly on your website. This is a common error for people to spell it Breckenridge instead of correctly Breckinridge. My parents were both born in Breckinridge County.
You show John Tucker and Martha Bunton buried in the Hudson Cemetery. Did you find some information that could reflect this? None of the researchers I know have ever been able to locate their burial places. At the time they died, many people were buried on farms and in family cemeteries. I would appreciate knowing the information you may have showing them buried in the Hudson Cemetery. Also, you have a Fact 1, showing that Martha's last name might be Burton or Bunting. I believe there is no doubt that her last name was Bunton as is shown in many places.
John & Martha's Children:
1. Samuel Tucker - you show birth as 1782-1788. However, John & Martha were married about 1790. In 1782, Martha would only have been 12 years old.
2. Shelby Jacob Tucker - b. 1792 in VA & died after 1870; married Nancy b. 1800 in VA & d. before 1870. At the time when many of the descendants of John and Martha were still living, they all said that John & Martha had a son Shelby so early researchers feel he is definitely their son.
3. William Tucker - some records say he was born in N.C. and some say VA. In my records, I show place of birth as N.C. or VA. William married Mary E. Frakes on 29 Jan 1817 in Breckinridge Co., KY.
4. James C. Tucker - d. 12 Dec 1879, Pleasant Grove Twp., Coles Co., IL. He is buried in Mt. Tabor Pleasant Grove Twp., Coles Co., IL. His grave marker shows, "James Tucker died 12 Dec 1879, age 83 years, so he may have been born in 1796 instead of 1797. James married Sarah R. Taylor on 10 Nov 1821 in Breckinridge Co., KY.
5. Pleasant Tucker - b. 17 Jun 1799, I have his date of death as 03 Mar 1860 at Mook, Breckinridge Co., KY. He is buried in the Old Fentress Cemetery in the Hudson/Mook area of Breckinridge Co., KY. He married Martha Fentress in 1826 in Breckinridge Co., KY. Pleasant married 2nd Mary A. (Polly) Robinson on 10 Oct 1859 in Breckinridge Co., KY.
6.John Tucker Jr. b. 1800 in VA, d. 1870-1880, married Nancy. You show a Jonathan Tucker on your website. There is no Jonathan Tucker that was a son of John and Martha. On your list, you also show a Polly Tucker as a daughter of John and Martha. This is in error also. They did not have a daughter Polly.
7. Wiley Tucker - he died at Mook, Breckinridge Co., KY
8. Allen Tucker - I have his birthdate as 14 Feb 1802. He is buried Bethel Baptist Cemetery, near Beech Grove, McLean Co., KY. He married Elizabeth Tanner 12 Dec 1827 in Daviess Co., KY. He married 2nd, Elizabeth Wall 04 Nov 1840 in Daviess Co., KY.
9. Luvenia Tucker - You show Luvenia Tucker born 1804 in Breckinridge Co., KY. However, John and Martha were not in Breckinridge Co., KY this early. Luvenia died April 1853. She married Benjamin Tanner 05 Nov 1832 in Breckinridge Co., KY.
10. Thompson Tucker, d. at Livia, McLean Co., KY. He is buried in the Underwood Cemetery, McLean Co., KY. He married Mary Ann Tanner 12 Feb 1829 in Daviess Co., KY.
11. Rial Tucker - I never saw anywhere that he was called Rice. I have that he died after 1880 (after the census was taken). Do you have something that shows he died in 1880? He married Elizabeth Beavin 13 Feb. 1829 in Breckinridge Co., KY and 2nd Lucinda Collins 18 Oct 1864 in Pope Co., AR.
12. Sarah (Sally) Tucker - b. 1807-1810. You show her born at Beaver Dam, KY. I don't think this is right. Beaver Dam is in Grayson Co., KY and John and Martha never lived in Grayson County. You show a death date of 07 Nov 1854 at Beaver Dam. I am unable to find anything on this. What do you have that shows this death date and place?
13. Joseph H. Tucker - died 1897-1900 at Hudson, Breckinridge Co., KY. He married Martha F. Butler on 23 Jul 1835, and their marriage ended in divorce on 16 Apr. 1862. My father was born in 1892 and he remembered his Uncle Joe (this Joseph). He remarked how old he was. One story my Dad told me included my Dad's sister born in Oct. 1896 and she was about 6 months old at the time. Joseph wasn't in the 1900 census. Therefore, I would put his death between 1897 and 1900.
14. Martha Tucker - I have her born in 1813. She married Elisha Pullen 15 Oct 1831 in Breckinridge Co., KY. Martha married 2nd Richard Quiggens about
15. Robert Tucker - married 2nd Eliza Jane Tate 09 Jun 1857 in Breckinridge Co., KY .
16. George Tucker - born in Hudson, Breckinridge Co., KY
17. Ezra P. Tucker b. 1820, married Gertrude Minter.
18. Parthenia Tucker - She was called Teenie. I have never seen the name Geenie connected to her. She died at Mook, Breckinridge Co., KY. Buried in the Smith Cemetery on the old Christopher Pile farm. You show Parthenia marrying John Washington Galloway in 1840. I don't think this date is right since their son John Washington Galloway, Jr. was born July 1835.
Joe, I'm sure that you want your website to be as correct as possible. So many people see these websites and use them to make their own family trees. When someone copies incorrect information, they just keep passing it on from one to another for years. I keep trying to find the valid information to update my files.
All for now,